As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A great type of crafts that your kids will love, is to make cobweb and spider window decorations for Halloween. Making such ornaments is not hard at all and is lots of fun to create for children and adults alike. Halloween decorations for windows actually range from ghosts that you can hang on the window to skeletons, hanging Halloween masks and even Halloween lanterns that you can place on your window support. They’re easy and joyful crafts to make. Here I’m going to walk you through the process of making spiders that you can hang on the window along with cobwebs.
Materials to make cobweb and spider window decorations
Here is what you shoud always have on hand when making Halloween crafts.
- Tape roll,
- A black pen,
- Transparent nylon thread (to hang your decorations),
- Cutter Knife,
- Coloured acrylic paint pots,
- Coloured construction paper.
Instructions to make your cobweb and spider window decorations
There is no Halloween without a few spiders and cobwebs, of course. So we are now going to start creating those creepy cobweb and spider window decorations. They will make your Halloween windows creepy and frightful to the eyes of the passers-by. Here is how to proceed.
- Draw some spiders with a pen – you can easily make a spider by drawing a simple circle along with 8 legs
- Color them black, cut them out and set aside
- Draw the cobweb with a very fine pencil and, in order for the cobweb to be cut out and stuck on your window, make sure the lines are at least 2 inches in thickness and intersecting lines are of 4 inches
- Cut out interesecting lines. If you need help to form the cobweb in a realistic way, find some cobweb pictures to get inspiration.
- Stick the spiders on both sides of the cobweb and stick to the window.
Voila, you have a wonderful no cost and homemade cobweb window decoration.
Another way to make Halloween spiderweb
Here is a video that will walk you through the process of making cobweb using plastic bags. This craft makes a great way to recycle those plastic bags you were considering to get rid of.